Monday, March 5, 2012

2012 North American Handmade Show. Best New Builder.

Man, the last three days have just flown bye. It was an honor to be exhibiting at NAHBS and we had a great time being there. We had a lot of support from friends and family and it was great to see everyone. We also met a ton of new people that we are excited to be working with in the future.

By now, most have heard that I was lucky enough to get Rookie of the Year / Best New Builder. It is quite an honor. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support. If I haven't got back to you yet, I will soon. There were a ton of great new builders at the show and each of their bikes were stiff competition. I'm glad everyone came packing punches. It was a lot of fun.

It was also great meeting all of the other builders. There were so many talented people at the show. There were so many great builders that I have looked up to for so long. It was great to meet you in person and I appreciate all of the advice and constructive criticism. Keep it coming!

Thanks to Don Walker and Lesley Schommer. You guys did a great job and I really appreciate it. 

Ok. So on to the good stuff. Most of you haven't had a chance to see the bike. I was very pleased with how it turned out, and apparently so was everyone else. Here are most of the pictures we were able to take before the show. I'm sure more pictures will surface as the week goes on.

There was a lot of creative bi-laminate work that people really seemed to enjoy. The big thing for me was doing the 142 rear spacing. It was a huge learning experience and I want to thank everyone involved with making those dropouts come to life. Please leave comments and let me know what you think.











I hope you guys like it. One last shout out and thanks. BIG THANKS to Noah Rosen at Velocolour for making this bike look absolutely beautiful. And a big thanks to Suzanne Carlsen at Poka for giving the big the ultimate personal touch. You guys are great and I can't wait to work with you again. 

Oh and Chris Ellefson. Enjoy the bike man, go get 'er dirty. Thanks for pushing me to become a better builder.

I love this song.



1 comment:

  1. Well deserved. That bike killed it! Time to fork over a deposit.

    ReplyDelete